Fevers are common among children. And so is the dilemma that parents face when a child has a fever—to rush to the doctor or treat the child at home
Babies get a lot of fever, especially during the winter months. As the winter month is approaching, mothers and fathers are doing research about fever in babies. The child’s fever can lead to convulsion. The results of the transfer are also very bad. Infants 38-38.5 fever is considered normal. However, if the fever reaches 39 and the baby has vomiting and diarrhea along with fever, then it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately. Because bad results can be caused.
What is a Natural Fire Reducer?
When their babies have a fever, parents first want to try natural ways. The natural answers to the question of how to reduce fever in children are given below:
- Nuts: Single and multi-linked unsaturated fats, vitamin E, and heart-friendly sterols in nuts contain antipyretic compounds. It also has a powerful antioxidant effect. It is thought that eating nuts at least twice a week significantly reduces the risk of death from coronary heart disease. Neuroscientists at the University of Illinois have shown that in addition to the heart health of nuts, almonds in particular prevent age-related mental performance decline.
- Green Tea: The substance in green tea called ‘ketechin’ is an important antipyretic. The Journal of Immunology wrote in 2004 that green tea’s antipyretic and brain cell-protective properties are promising for the prevention and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) diseases. The caffeine and amino acids in green tea have an immediate and positive effect on emotions and mental focus.
- Purple-Dark Red Foods: Blueberries, sour cherries, pomegranates, purple sweet potatoes, purple cauliflower, black grapes, and beets can be given as examples. Purple pigments provide significant antioxidant protection, strengthen communication between nerve cells, protect the brain wall, and strengthen the vessels that carry blood to the brain. It is a significant antipyretic enough to relieve pain.
- Green Foods: I was stunned to see an ugly poster of a fast-food restaurant chain: ‘Green is for golf’ in a close-up photo of a giant burger on a bun. I do not agree with this at all. Dark green vegetables of all types contain a valuable mineral that can reduce fever. The short story: Eat your greens for your heart and brain.
What to Do at Home to Reduce Fever?
- Dressing in comfortable clothes and removing excess clothing,
- Drinking plenty of water
- Applying compresses to the armpit area at intervals with a cold cloth,
- Lowering the room temperature,
- Getting out of the current environment, getting fresh air,
- Taking a shower with mild-warm water
- Taking antipyretic medication
Can Lemon Be Used To Reduce Fever?
Of course, using lemon alone to reduce fever is not effective. When the body temperature reaches 37.5 degrees, you can drink lemon juice. Children may not want to eat lemon because it is sour. Dressing children by soaking socks in lemon juice is one of the factors that will help reduce fever. It is comfortable with its cool effect. The lemon method can be used to support antipyretic medication. In addition, lemon should be preferred because it is a vitamin C store that supports the body to fight germs. In addition to all these, if the baby’s fever does not decrease, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately.