Can’t make it a week? Find relief for your sore throat now with these helpful at-home remedies
- Damage to the vocal cords by constantly speaking loudly
- Actions such as yelling or screaming depending on an activity
- Reactions due to stomach and lung disorders
- Getting caught in windy weather or going sweaty for a long time after training
- Consuming ice drinks and cold/frozen foods
- Having genetically sensitive under-throat glands
- To have tonsils that are congenitally sensitive
- In cases where oral care is not done regularly, the throat area becomes susceptible to inflammation and infections
- Especially fruit and vegetables are not cleaned sufficiently
The conditions mentioned above can cause a sore throat. Along with this, the main symptoms of sore throat are;
- Severe sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Bad breath
- Increase in body temperature
- Hoarseness and change in voice
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR THROAT PAIN, WHAT ARE HERBAL SOLUTION FOR SURGICAL THROAT PAIN?
- Linden is one of the most traditional methods against sore throat. The effect of linden, which has been the main use for sore throat for centuries, has proven its strength with its history.
- Senna tea is one of the methods that stand out as a natural antibiotic for a sore throat with its antibiotic properties. One point that experts warn is that senna tea should not be consumed more than twice a day.
- Echinacea tea, which can be obtained from herbalists, can also be effective against sore throat after a 10-minute brewing period. It has an anti-inflammatory feature due to its natural antiseptic properties.
- Mint-lemon mix is also a traditional remedy for sore throat. As an addition recommended by experts, the appropriate amount of thyme and black pepper are added to the mint lemon, which will strengthen the antibiotic effect
- Sage mouthwash is often recommended for people with sensitive tonsils, especially with swollen tonsils. The softening effect of sage, a fibrous plant, has a relaxing effect on the tonsils.
- Mulberry molasses has anti-inflammatory properties. For this reason, it is a very effective method of combating especially inflammation on the tonsils. However, the immune-boosting effect of mulberry molasses, it also strengthens the body’s defense against sore throat.
- In the sore throat caused by an inflammation in the vocal cords, quail eggs appear as a herbal solution for a sore throat recommended by experts. The vocal cords have a very sensitive structure, therefore they become susceptible to damage, especially in the high vocal effort. The destruction mostly occurs in the form of dryness and irritation of the area. Therefore, quail eggs will have a restorative effect against the vocal cords by removing the dryness in the area, and what is good for throat irritation? will also be one of the answers to the question.
- One of the reasons why sore throat is common, especially in the winter months, is that the body resistance is very low in these months. For this reason, fruits such as pomegranate, lemon, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit, which are abundant in group C vitamins, are frequently consumed during these months, increasing the body’s resistance to diseases including sore throat.